Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

Itacho Sushi @ JCube

The Itacho Sushi outlet at JCube is currently having a happy hour sushi promotion for the month of November. Between 2.30-5.30pm and after 9pm, diners are entitled to purchase selected sushi in their happy hour menu for just $0.80. Yes you heard me right, EIGHTY CENTS!

So I popped by one Friday afternoon to have some late sushi lunch. I was actually surprised that there weren't many people enjoying this special offer, the restaurant was relatively empty and I could enjoy my food in peace. Perhaps not many people are aware of this promo. So after some careful rationalizing (I had to restrain myself from writing the entire sushi menu into the order slips), here was what I ordered:



  • 1x Salmon Sushi

  • 2x Roasted Blue Fin Tuna with Soy Sauce

  • 1x Smoked Duck Roll

  • 1x Avocado Tuna Cheese Roll

  • 1x Green Roll

  • 1x Grilled Pork Sushi

  • 1x Salmon Lobster Roll (which costs $3.30)


The bill came up to $10.85 including GST and service charge. It would have been much cheaper if I could resist ordering the $3.30 salmon roll, but anyway, if you purchased above $10 you will be entitled to free flow green tea.

The happy hour menu depicted each sushi item with nice colourful garnishing and long, thick slices of fresh fresh atop Japanese rice. I'm happy to report that the actual thing, matched quite closely to their pictorial representations. Considering that they are serving eighty cents sushi, I would have thought they would be stingy on the fish slices and serve small portions in general. I would say the sushi is decent, but it is quite obvious they reserve the fresher, more luscious and fatty slices of fish for their regular menu. The salmon sushi was decent but really paled in comparison to the salmon roll. But then again, if you want EIGHTY CENTS sushi, you need to trade off a little quality. At least the sushi was not stale or unacceptably inferior.

So if you need to satisfy your sushi cravings and are on a tight budget, add this place to your list!

No comments:

Post a Comment