Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Hifumi Japanese Restaurant @ Plaza Singapura

A number of new Japanese eateries have opened at Plaza Singapura. Hifumi Japanese Restaurant is yet another Japanese concept restaurant that have found a new home on the fourth floor of Plaza Sing. Big eaters will be glad to know that this restaurant provides all-you-can-eat appetizer bar. The restaurant promises over 10 choices of appetizers available for every set meal purchased.

The appetizer bar actually only occupies a small corner near the entrance, but well it's free flow APPETIZERS, not a free flow BUFFET and appetizers are meant to be enjoyed in small doses. Thankfully the appetizer dishes were refilled regularly when I visited. The drinks counter is behind, but they do have additional charges ($1.99) for free flow access to their drinks bar.


They will provide a small black dish for you to place your appetizers on, ONLY ONE, that's why I resorted to cramming the appetizers on the plate. There were several Japanese style dishes available when I visited. I personally enjoyed the cold dishes offered like their chewy Jellyfish with plum dressing, Pumpkin and Walnut Salad, Potato salad. I also had my fill of cherry tomatoes, sweet potato fries and stewed eggplant. There was also a chawanmushi steamer at the appetizer bar, which serves miniscule bowl sized steamed egg. I lost count of the number of mini bowls I grabbed from the steamer.

For the main course, I had their Tonkatsu Set ($13.99), which came with a serving of rice and miso soup. The breaded deep fried pork cutlet was rather ordinary, perhaps too dry for my liking. I will probably go for another of their main course next time. Is it strange that I actually enjoyed stuffing myself with their bite sized appetizers than the actual main course itself?

No comments:

Post a Comment