Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Sushi Tei, Ngee Ann City

Sushi Tei is one of my favourite Japanese food restaurants; I somehow find their bowl of katsu-don very comforting and hunger busting. While they strive to produce fresh quality Japanese food, I always find myself intrigued by their ongoing special menus.

Sushi Tei has recently returned to Ngee Ann City, having moved up to Level 5 and taking up a whole lot of space. I would think it will be easier to get seats in their new location. And to celebrate their triumphant return, Sushi Tei has a special "We Are Back!" menu only available for a limited time and only at this particular outlet.

I had a bowl of Chasyu Don ($9) from the special menu. Tender roast pork slices, served atop rice are slathered in a nice sweet dark sauce. The egg served in this dish is really good, the egg yolk is molten- literally in a semi solid-liquid form that brings me such joy to savour.

Sushi Tei also has another set of promotional menu that changes with the seasons. This Lobster Salad Roll ($8.80) can be found in its current "Early Summer Promotion" menu. I really enjoyed chomping on the fresh lobster bits and crunchy roe topping with the sushi rolls.

For dessert, we got Matcha and Yuzu Sorbet ice cream ($3.40 per scoop) from the regular menu. Following the advice of RERG, we ordered individual scoops of ice cream instead of the many bells and whistles parfaits offered in the We Are Back menu. The Yuzu ice cream was very refreshing, packed with tangy citrus yuzu flavour and bits of the fruit. The matcha ice cream was packed with green tea goodness, but I thought the ice cream was a little too "icy", it could have been smoother and creamier. Or maybe I'm just being overly fussy.

Sushi Tei serves out decent and fresh Japanese food fare at mid range prices and I am a big fan of this chain. They have an extensive delicious regular ala carte menu, but do look out for a few surprises in their changing seasonal menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment