Pages

Monday 14 May 2012

卵と私 (Tamago to Watashi) @ Shibuya, Tokyo


I was drawn to a building which had several food displays on the first floor, then I spotted this omu rice restaurant's display at the middle shelf. I love omu rice and decided to have that for dinner! Located on the sixth floor of the building, Tamago to Watashi (or literally Egg and I) serves out a wide variety of omelette rice served in various gravies.



The menu was in Japanese and I couldn't make out anything, so I picked the omu rice set which looks the prettiest in the menu. It didn't turn out to be a bad choice. This particular omu rice is served in a pan and contains two different types of sauces- curry and cream sauce. The ingredients are quite random actually, the curry sauce comes with pieces of minced pork and onion while the cream sauce section has potato, ham, broccoli, prawn (one piece each!), so you cannot fault the dish for not having variety. But still the omu rice was very flavourful, especially when paired with the curry and cream sauce.This is going to be an extremely biased review because I love cream sauce and I thought it was really good with the omelette and rice combo =P

Address: 23-3 Shibuya Valley, Udagawa-Cho, Shibuya-ku. Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment