Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Tokyo Food Adventures 2012

I'm already missing Tokyo, even as I'm sipping on my Starbucks matcha latte while typing this. No amount of green tea is unfortunately going resurrect the authentic experience of being in Tokyo, and sadly I can't bring myself to go for any Japanese food here in SG because the food here will somehow never be as fresh and good as the ones served out of Tokyo's eateries.

Everyone I know who has been to Japan raves about the food there. It has led me to hypothesize that authentic Japanese food, from Japan (of course!) is TEN times better than what you can find here. There were of course hits and misses in the Japanese food I've sampled in Tokyo, but generally, the rule holds true. The Japanese do have a way of making even the simplest of food taste so good. (Or maybe I'm just suffering from extreme tourist syndrome- seeing everything through heavily rose-tinted glasses). I've previously published a couple of posts on Tokyo food, so this post is going to summarize everything and perhaps organize our food escapades in Tokyo by region.

A big big BIG thank you to Wise Guy from RERG for bringing me around Tokyo and those ridiculous restaurant hopping sessions. Really appreciate your extensive food research (he has 3 page list of Must Eats for all categories of Japanese food, I kid you not.) You will never go hungry or dissatisfied when you travel with a foodie =)

So here goes:

Nishi Shinjuku- West Shinjuku  (Around the Electric Street and Yodabashi)

Other parts of Shinjuku

Shibuya

Ginza




Kichijoji

Roppongi

Tsukiji Market

Chain Shops (They have several outlets in different parts of Tokyo)

No comments:

Post a Comment